Saturday 28 July 2012

Lazy Saturday

Ahhhh Saturdays.

I don't know what your Saturdays are like but around here, they are very laid back and kind of lazy. We get up, feed Jr and then hubby watches a movie with her while eating his breakfast in the living room (which Jr eats half of) while I eat my breakfast at the table. I used to read the paper with the app I have on my iPad but now we've subscribed to the print copy again -- and I LOVE it. So, so happy.

Yesterday Jr and I visited with her Teta (Grandma) for lunch and then fun at the splash park. Mostly it was my MIL and Jr walking around the water structures (very, very slowly) because Jr wasn't too keen on actually getting wet. She was more interested in the other kids and what they were doing. As for me, I enjoyed myself sitting on a park bench watching my adorable daughter and taking pictures to capture the moment. When we left to go home, Jr fell asleep almost as soon as I drove away and then slept some more when we got home. Unfortunately, she woke up discombobulated and was very whiny and easily moved to tears -- like big, huge crocodile tears. Ah well, what can you do.

Today we're going to visit with one of my uncles who is in town visiting. Out of all my family members out West, I'm fairly certain he is the one who has been here the most. I think he makes out here at least once a year. Whereas some family members, who shall remain nameless, have yet to set foot on Quebec soil. Tsk, tsk. It's not like we live on the other side of the world, people! Again, what can you do.

We're also going to drive by a house I happened upon yesterday night on realtor.ca. Hubby said I either needed to lower my standards or find another neighborhood to live in. So I was looking in an area not far from where we are now but still considered another city. It's a great house, very much within our price range and still the same distance from hubby's office as he is now. The only thing I don't like are the bathrooms. Why on earth do people choose BLUE cupboards for bathrooms? Is it because bathrooms are associated with water and therefore feel like it should be water themed and thus blue? It's hideous, really. And it's not like I can paint over it. It's not even wood painted blue. It's the actual material and obviously new. They actually renovated it to look like this. But whatever. For everything else we get I'm willing to deal with it until we can afford to change it over. Anyhow, we're going to drive by and see what it looks like and what the neighborhood is like. Wish us luck!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all ears!