Friday 27 July 2012

A Solo Visit

I've identified one flaw with wanting your week to go by quickly: the summer will be over that much sooner. I can't believe we'll be heading into August next week. I know that the warm weather doesn't just disappear September 1st but there is this feeling of the beginning of the end. 

That being said, I'm still happy it's Friday!

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment downtown so hubby came home early from work to watch Jr. The gloriousness of driving my car without looking into my review mirror to see what Jr's doing or why she's fussing! The absolute freedom of listening to whatever music I want, as loud as I want! And even though I sat for an hour in the waiting room at the doctor's office, I felt 21 pounds lighter, sitting by myself without a toddler to worry about, without needing an extra seat for the diaper bag. It was just me and my purse and it was great.

The visit itself was good. Generally my doctor scolds me quite strongly about losing weight and tries to think of ways to motivate me. I was dreading this. Thankfully, this time she politely suggested that I "try to lose some of the weight slowly". Roger that. Then there was the wonderful pap test, which any woman can tell you feels like a mix of getting your teeth drilled at the dentist and having someone accidentally walk in on you when you're on the toilet -- a bit painful and slightly embarrassing. Good news though everyone! I now have "the cervix of a woman who's given birth"! It's "not quite as tight" according to my doctor. Hubby hasn't mentioned anything so I guess that's all right.

I guess the only complaint I have is when we were discussing Jr and I was telling my doctor how difficult Jr was in the first year and how she is still a spirited toddler. She kind of laughed at me and basically implied that it was all in my head and that all babies/toddlers are a handful. I could have punched her. It wasn't like I was complaining or going on and on -- she was the one who asked me about it after all! Oh well. Only hubby and I truly know what we went through and what it was like so bollocks to anyone who disagrees.

After my appointment I went to visit my friend AD so that I could miss rush hour traffic. It was fantastic drinking my latte (thanks Dr. Perron!) and having some good ol' girl talk! AD and her mom were disappointed Jr wasn't with me but thankfully they let me stay anyway. I've gotten used to everyone gushing over Jr's arrival at their house and then turning to hubby and I with a much more subdued 'hello'. (But I don't think I'd want anyone to gush over me anyway.) 

By the time I got home Jr was in bed and the kitchen cleaned. Yay hubby!

Wishing you all a great weekend,
Missy

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I actually felt bad for being disappointed that Jr wasn't there! After all, you deserve some solo time and in the end it was nice to be able to chat and catch up without having to worry about a toddler.
    Wishing you a great weekend as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have a kid I love waiting room time! Sometimes I feel like the wait is too short! Ignore the doc; pretty sure she doesn't have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bollocks?????

    ReplyDelete

I'm all ears!