Thursday 26 July 2012

Why Do I Care About Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson?

I'm pretty bummed because the play group in the park was cancelled yet again, this time due to rain. I know some things can't be helped but it sucks just the same. On the bright side I've been busy this week so it's not like I'm dying to get out of the house and it gives me the chance to do work for my dad.

One of my guilty pleasures is celebrity gossip. I'm not obsessed, I don't know what's happening to every single movie star at every moment but I do keep tabs on some of my favorite actors and actresses. I'm always a little surprised at myself when a famous couple splits up and I feel sad. Like when I read that Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis were heading for divorce or when Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins announced they were going their separate ways after 20+ years. They seem like "normal" people who happen to have abnormal jobs (I mean really, who gets paid millions of dollars to look good and act like someone else?). Divorce and separation are never pretty and I don't think anyone would wish it on someone else, even if you are taking bets on how long Kim Kardashian's next marriage will last.

Failing relationships are one thing but adultery is another. It's just so sad and wrong. I don't even know these celebrity people but I get so disappointed in them when they cheat. I feel like sitting them down in a chair and asking, "Why?"

So when I learned that Kristen Stewart, star of the Twilight movies, cheated on her boyfriend and co-star, Robert Pattinson, I was terribly disappointed. After all, there's nothing better than watching a movie with two characters falling madly in love with each other while knowing that in real life (if you can call their paparazzi-filled-oodles-of-money-lifestyle real life) they are actually romantically involved.

Unfortunately, it looks as though this is not just a rumor since there are photos of the event and a public statement given by Stewart apologizing for said "momentary indiscretion".

I try to imagine how Pattinson is feeling right now. He is a real human being with real human feelings and I can't imagine it getting any worse than having your relationship woes splashed across the cover of magazines.

But don't worry, I won't go over the deep end about it like some people out there. I've already read about some Pattinson lovers threatening Stewart with bodily harm and going on YouTube chastising her with tears in their eyes. Yikes.

So what's the point of this blog? Nothing. Just wanted to share my feelings about it and marvel that I actually care.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I know what you mean! I don't know why I care about these things, but I was actually disappointed. Now, I wonder if they'll stay together and how it'll will effect the promo tour for Breaking Dawn-Part 2. Somehow the movie won't feel as "real"!

    ReplyDelete

I'm all ears!