Tuesday 21 August 2012

Play Date and Progress

Just had Little Monster and her mom over for a play date. It was the perfect excuse to clean. Unfortunately only the upstairs got cleaned but something clean is better than nothing clean. The girls spilled Cheerios on the living room floor and Jr threw some food on the dining room floor so it's almost as messy as before I cleaned but what can do you.

I admit it was nice not having to leave the house. Little Monster lives on the other side of the island so it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to get to her house, and that with no traffic. 99% of the time I really don't mind going over. It means not having to clean, not having to cook and I can leave whenever I want. But since Little Monster's parents' car is, shall we say, on its last leg, they don't like driving it long distances, which I can appreciate. So 99% of the time, we go to their house. Today was an exception and it was really nice having company. On the plus side, when they left I put Jr down straightaway for her nap, rather than have her fall asleep in the car and then not want to take a proper nap at home.

Regardless of the fact that it would be nice if we lived closer to each other, I would much rather make the trek to her house than have to wait over an hour for hubby to get home from work because he's trying to get through rush hour traffic through the island. So here we stay.

I'm also happy to report that our exterior stairs and walkway are being redone as I type. It was a last-minute call yesterday evening to ask if it was all right if they started today instead of the end of the week. By all means, the sooner the better! Jr is afraid of the workmen and they're making a lot of noise while Jr naps but it's worth it. It'll be a relief not to have to tell people to avoid the middle steps when they come over and for the walkway to look like an actual walkway, not a lawn with bits of stone showing.

Progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all ears!