Wednesday 18 April 2012

Massage = Relaxation... Right?

I'm happy to report that yesterday was a much better day. Jr took two good naps and I was very productive. We went grocery shopping (with no freak outs this time), dropped off our serving robes at the dry cleaners and picked up our photos at the pharmacy. All in all a very good day. Plus, hubby came home early!




Last night I went to a message therapist. Hubby had been wanting to go to one for awhile. My dad knew one from his business club and my mom is a client so hubby called her up and scheduled an appointment for each of us. 

I think massages are wasted on people like me.

Don't get me wrong. I love getting a good massage. But I can't shut my brain off while I'm on the table! I wondered if some people really gross her out but she has to massage them anyway. When she touched my legs I hoped she couldn't feel the stubble on my legs even though I shaved the same day. When she massaged my head I wished I had washed my hair and combed it out instead of putting it in a messy bun. When she got to my feet I hoped she wasn't too grossed out by the wart on the bottom of my foot. What is the proper etiquette for that anyway? Warn them in advance? Should I not go at all until it's gone?

So you see what I'm saying. On top of which I forgot to put my phone on silent so when hubby called and then texted me (because I had called him before I got there but couldn't reach him), it was quite embarrassing.

This particular massage therapist can read people's energies just by touching them. Sometimes she can sense what part of your body is bothering you or by touching a certain body part, she can tell you something about yourself. So of course afterward I asked her if she sensed anything in particular about me. She said the biggest thing that jumped at her was that my body is tired. Amen! Considering I haven't been sleeping for the past year and have only recently been getting 6+ hours of sleep in a row, I'd say yeah, my body is tired! I'm curious to see what she might sense further on down the road.


Her husband is also a massage therapist and they're planning on expanding so they can give couple's massage. Awesome!

If only I could turn my brain off so I could fully enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I love massages :)
    LOL, that image is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I'm all ears!