Thursday 19 July 2012

Walking Queen

My car is repaired and now I have to learn how to drive it! As I was leaving the parking lot of the mechanic I pressed on the brake and nearly threw myself headfirst through the windshield. I hadn't realized how bad my brakes were until I was driving with new ones. I also thought that it was normal that my car would kind of weave side to side when I crossed the bridge; I had attributed it to my little car and the wind resistance. Turns out not so much.

Last night hubby and I took Jr for a walk. We went to the park and once Jr was out of her stroller, she didn't want to get back in. She walked almost the entire way home! Every once in awhile when her footing would become more clumsy I would ask her if she wanted to sit in the stroller but she would shake her head and get a determined look on her face and keep on. It made me happy to think she got her father's determination and no-quit attitude. On the other hand, every time her dad would say, "Bravo! Grande fille!" ['big girl'] she would smile so hard her face looked to burst and she would either a) get so confident that she thought she could run by herself or b) become flustered and terribly happy with her father's praise that she would stumble. I'm sure I'm reading too much into it but I couldn't help but wonder if she will always care a little too much what her dad says or thinks about her life. After all, life isn't about pleasing your parents.

Suffice to say Jr was tuckered out by the time we got home and was practically jumping out of my arms into her crib to go to sleep.

Unfortunately, play group is cancelled this week. I can't make any other grand plans since we have someone coming to the house at 1pm to give us an estimate for our death trap exterior stairs. It's a bad sign when you have to tell people to walk on the right hand side only because otherwise they take their life in their own hands. Hubby glued them down one summer but what with the weather and people walking on them all the time, it didn't last for more than a year.

In the meantime I have been slowly going through bags and bags of stuff from my in-law's storage company. When people don't pay or just disappear, the contents of their locker becomes property of the company. They found a gold mine of girl's clothing and toys. I am super happy about all the clothes and everything else (the shoes, the toys, the mom's make-up) is great but it's a bit overwhelming figuring out where to put everything. Every day our living room has become a little less cluttered. I hoping to finish the rest today.

Happy Thursday. Chin up, tomorrow's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all ears!