Friday 20 July 2012

Toe Nail Trauma

I'm so happy it's Friday! Not that this week has been particularly terrible or anything. It's just nice to know that hubby will be home for the next two days. Actually three days because he took Monday off. Ahhh...

My hubby is the greatest person I've ever met but he has his idiosyncrasies just the same. I think one of his major "you're-so-weird" hang-ups is his toe nails. He says he doesn't like cutting them too short because the closer he gets to his toes, the more it hurts. I don't know if he had some traumatic toe nail cutting incident when he was younger or if he actually experiences pain when he cuts his toe nails. But good man that he is, knowing how I feel about long toe nails, he does his best to keep them well-groomed.

You can imagine, though, how it is when he stubs his toe. The other night he did just that and even I had to agree that it even sounded painful when his toe hit one of Jr's toys. So last night as we were bathing Jr I asked him how his toe was doing.

"It's okay."
"That's good."
"It cracked my nail."
"Oh."
"In little pieces."
Silence.
"It's shattered."

I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. I have never heard anyone describe a stubbed toe in quite such detail and in such seriousness, as though it were gangrene and might have to be amputated.

But don't worry, he really is okay and his toe nail will heal.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

I'm all ears!