Saturday 18 August 2012

Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Last night I asked hubby to watch The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Suffice to say he wasn't too pleased about the prospect but he did anyway. 

[ I just don't understand him sometimes! He loves Twilight and the Story of Us but then he acts like I'm crazy for suggesting One True Thing! How does one chick flick differ from another I ask you?! But I digress.]

In the end he said it wasn't too bad. There was one scene, however, that he laughed so hard and so long for that we missed the next scene. Sidda, the main character, is having a fight with her fiance Connor, although it's mostly a fight she's made up in her head based on things Connor said taken out of context. She's ranting and raving over the telephone when suddenly Connor stops talking and trying to make her see reason because he's at a loss for words and frankly, bewildered. Sidda bursts out: "Do NOT start that patronizing "You're-crazy-now-so-I-won't-make-any-sudden-moves-till-you're-finished" thing!"

 You can watch the video here. It's taken off of someone's TV so not very good quality (video or sound), but you get the idea.

Well. Hubby thought that was the most hilarious line he'd ever heard. Because that's exactly what he does when I'm on a crazy rant. It infuriates me. A) because he's patronizing me like I'm a little kid having a temper tantrum (and if I am?!?) and B) because he's not responding to what I'm saying (SAY something!!!). I know it's self-preservation kicking in and he knows that the chance of him saying something to piss me off even further is pretty good. And I know in these instances I'm looking for a fight.

So you can see why he thought that part was particularly funny -- what with having a part of his life played out on the big screen.

Oh well. At least he enjoyed some of the movie and I got to watch what I wanted.

Ahh married life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all ears!