Wednesday 15 August 2012

Socks and Underwear

Today I bought some new underwear. I think it was the highlight of my day, even though it's only 11am. The thing about underwear is that you can wear them until they're pretty much falling apart. You can do this because no one sees your underwear except for you and your mate. And if your mate is anything like mine, you could be wearing granny panties or a g-string and he wouldn't notice either way.

I used to go the La Senza sale at the warehouse with my sister, where underwear went for $1 EACH. We would stock up for the year and then go through them the following year, throwing out any old or stained pairs. Unfortunately, La Senza seems to have realized their sales were too good and stopped having them.

So it became difficult to decide when to buy new underwear. The last time I bought new underwear was after Jr was born because my teeny tiny thongs just wouldn't work with my post-pregnancy body. Those underwear have started to look a little gungy so I decide to "splurge" and buy new ones. I say "splurge" because a part of me feels like buying underwear is like buying pajamas. Really you can wear an old t-shirt to bed, you don't need silky two pieces or shirts with cute cupcakes on them. It's not a necessary purchase.

Wow. I can't believe I just spent three paragraphs discussing underwear. This is what you get when you write a blog post when you don't really feel like writing one. I feel like Carrie Bradshaw a la Sex and the City:
"Last night, I actually started writing about my sock drawer. Men as socks. "Socks and the City."

This blog post "socks".

1 comment:

I'm all ears!